Licensee Programme Administrator – Help and Training Page
Welcome! This section provides help and guidance for Licensee Programme Administrators. If you are watching a training video on this page, you can freely pause the video at any given point and switch to other tabs, for example ‘Programmes’, in order to do whatever you want to do. When you return to the Help tab, your video will remain paused at the same point without your progress being lost.
1. The following video gives you a quick overview of your account dashboard:
Creating New Programmes
You may find it helpful to first watch Video 2 below, and then read through this section afterwards.
- When choosing a name for your programme, it will only apply to the admin (your) side. The name is for your reference only. Participants will always see the same programme name; “Introduction to Effective Intelligence”.
- Programmes start at midnight UTC on your chosen start date, and end at midnight UTC on your chosen end date.
- As soon as your programme starts, all of the participants you have already added to the programme will be automatically sent an email from our system containing their activation link. This link is unique to each user, providing your programme with the best possible security.
- Any users that you add to the programme between midnight UTC on the start date and midnight UTC on the end date will be sent their activation email instantly as soon as you add them. This means that you can add participants at any time as long as the programme is still open. This could be useful to bear in mind if you want to control exactly when the activation emails get sent.
- The earliest you can set a programme to start is the following day (UTC). If you want to be able to start your participants at very short notice, you might want to open monthly programmes to be able to add them to receive their activation emails immediately to complete the questionnaire.
- Any users who have not completed their questionnaire by the programme’s end date will be automatically removed from the programme. If you need to restore these participants, they will need to be entered into a new programme. For this reason, please ensure that your participants complete their questionnaires in time, to avoid inconvenience.
- When setting up your programme you can compose an invitation message to add everything relevant you want your participants to know. This will be included in the activation email that is automatically sent to your participants.
- IMPORTANT: In advance, before the start date of the programme hits, we advise you to email your participants to let them know they will receive this automatic invitation from email@example.com, with subject line ‘Effective Intelligence Invitation’. Please put in your email all the relevant information you want to give them. Both emails, the automatic email and your advance email beforehand, between them will ensure your participants are clued up on what you want them to know.
- IMPORTANT: Here’s some important information to go into your advance email. Please ask them to keep an eye on their spam and promotions folders. If they find our automatic email in either of these places, ask them to click the ‘not spam’ button in their email interface, or in the case of promotions, to drag the message to their primary inbox. This will help us keep a good email delivery rate for programme activations going forward, which is to your benefit as well. Many thanks!
- IMPORTANT: If you want to set up a test programme to try things out, please only add real email addresses for your participants. We can’t allow the system to send emails out to fake addresses, because again this can affect email deliverability in the long term. If you need email addresses for testing, we can provide you with some – please ask and we’ll be happy to help.
The activation email will look like this:
Hello (Participant Name),
Thank you for taking part in an upcoming programme which introduces you to Effective Intelligence.
Your account in the Effective Intelligence website is ready for you to activate. Please use the link below to do this.
Then you will be able to take part in the “Introduction to Effective Intelligence” programme.
Here is a message from your programme facilitator:
(your invitation message goes here)
(activation link will appear here)
This is an example of the email you could send before your programme starts:
Greetings from Example Organisation! We are excited to be adding you to our upcoming training session, (Session Name), on August 12th. Part of this training session will involve you completing a questionnaire from Effective Intelligence.
You will soon be receiving an activation link directly from Effective Intelligence, so please look out for their email.
If nothing shows up, please keep an eye on your Spam and Promotions folders. If you find the Effective Intelligence email there, please inform us and click ‘Not Spam’, or in the case of Promotions, drag the email to your primary inbox. This will be of great help, so thanks in advance.
Don’t hesitate to reply to this email with any questions you have.
And here is an example of the invitation message you could include when setting up your programme:
Greetings from Example Organisation. As previously mentioned, we are glad to be welcoming you to your (Session Name) programme, which is now open! Please complete your questionnaire as soon as convenient.
For any technical assistance you might need, you can reply to this email and Effective Intelligence will respond with help. Alternatively, you can also contact us if you need anything else.
2. This video shows you how to create a new programme:
3. This video shows you how to manage existing programmes:
Adding Participants to a Programme
Note that not only can you add participants before a programme starts, but you can also add them once it has already started, right up until the end date. You can add participants as many times as you like, for example it’s no problem to add late-comers at any time.
If you want to control the exact time you send out the automated email to your participants, you can wait until AFTER the programme has started before adding the participants and then the emails will be sent immediately once you save them into your list.
You can also remove participants from a programme by using the Remove button next to their name. You can remove someone at any time as long as they have not yet completed their questionnaire. Once they complete, they cannot be removed.
4. The video below shows you how to add participants to a programme.
PDF Result Summaries, Debrief Cover & Doc
If you want to use the PDFs in Chinese, you may encounter some issues displaying the Chinese characters correctly, depending on your system. For best results open the PDFs in either Mozilla Firefox or Adobe Reader. You may be prompted to install a language pack.
If you want to use the Debrief Cover, your logo will be automatically added to it if you have provided us with a logo. If not, your name will appear as text instead.
For your convenience we have also included a link to download the Debrief Doc itself, if you need it.
5. The video below shows you how to download PDF Result Summaries for printing.
How You Think
Releasing How You Think results will trigger an automatic email to ALL participants on the programme, including those who have not yet completed their questionnaire. For this reason we recommend that you wait for all participants to complete before releasing How You Think results.
If you want to control access to How You Think for specific participants or groups of participants, then each of these will need to be set up in their own separate programme, rather than everyone being in the same programme.
Once you release results once, you can do so again and another notification email will be automatically sent. For example, if you release Level 1, and then later on release Level 2, the email will be sent again so that participants are aware of the new release. You can release results as many times as you like until all 3 levels are released – just don’t forget to use the Update button each time.
The email will look like this:
Hello (participant name),
Thank you for recently participating in your Effective Intelligence programme.
A new set of online results is open for you to view. These give you more in-depth information and insights about how YOU think, so we hope you can take some time to have a look.
Please log in at https://effectiveintelligence.com/my-account/
Then just look for the ‘Results’ button – everything will be there.
Please note: If you have not completed your questionnaire, you won’t have access yet. Please complete your questionnaire first.
If you need any help, just reply to this email 🙂
Effective Intelligence Team
Please note that before your programme starts, it is very important in your first email to your participants that you ask them to keep an eye on their spam and promotions folders. If they find our emails in either of these places, ask them to click the ‘not spam’ button in their email interface, or in the case of promotions, to drag the message to their primary inbox.
6. The video below shows you how to give your participants access to How You Think:
7. The video below provides a tour of the whole flow from a participant’s point of view, from initial activation email right through to How You Think:
Note that the activation email shown at the beginning of this video is an older version. You can see the latest version in the section further up this page, ‘Creating New Programmes’.
If you would like to experience the flow yourself as a participant, please contact us and we will set you up on a test programme.
Also, if you want to set up a test programme yourself, please make sure you add real email addresses for the participants. If you don’t have access to enough real email addresses, we can assist with this.